Sunday, March 02, 2008
i can't tell dreams from truth
New music interests: The Bird and the Bee, Jason Collette, Ingrid Michaelson.

I talked to Nathan on Wednesday for a long time. Ah me, I miss him. He told me to see Definitely, Maybe. I definitely want to. He also saw Vantage Point, but didin't think the plot was very involved. Hm. The Other Boleyn Girl and Penelope are out and I can't wait to see both of them! And I think CJ is right--I do enjoy dark, period dramas. Much more than she does. But it's okay, because she enjoys romantic comedies much more than I do. My next stop at Blockbuster will be to collect any combination of the following: Stage Beauty, Lady Jane, Chocolat, The Pianist, Harsh Times, The Man Who Cried.

Phantom of the Opera in 11 days. Can I really wait that long? I suppose so, seeing as I've been waiting for 3 years to see it live.

I saw the most amazing Audrey Hepburn poster at Blockbuster last night that I neeeed. You can get it for me if you like. While we're on the subject of Blockbuster (again), I'll mention that Beth and I rented La Vie En Rose last night and we plan on watching it today. I'm very excited. This is the movie that won Marion Cotillard the Best Actress award last Sunday. I heard that she was also in A Very Long Engagement, which I did not like at all, but everyone says this movie is very good.

Psalty is going well. We're a bit behind schedule, but then goes the way of the Warren family sometimes. As of now, I am the back-up Psaltina (*cough* Tiffany) so we'll see how that goes. :) While I would rather we do a play where I could be Charity Churchmouse, this will do.

How did I ever live without the movie Finding Neverland? I can't say enough good things about it. Johnny Depp's best, Freddie Highmore's best, Kate Winslet's best.....

My poor dad is so sick. It's very sad. What does the phrase "sick as a dog" really mean?

I am fairly certain that I have run out of romantic closing sentences.

But perhaps that was romantic or poetic, in and of itself.

"I love the way you say good morning
And you take me the way I am"

Labels:


  posted at 13:26  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me...

Name:
shelley

Location:
Oz

let it be

My Complete Profile


The Cast
  • Family Grandstand
  • Mom
  • Aubrey and Dirk
  • Kristen and Dave
  • Annie and Caleb
  • CJ
  • Bekah and Chris
  • Ali
  • Johanna
  • Nicole
  • Scott
  • Rachel
  • Sarah
  • Erin
  • Longenbaughs
  • Smiths
  • Fehrenbachs
  • Cottles
  • Hoffmans
  • Prathers
  • Dowlings
  • Sabos

  • Recently watched
  • The Proposal
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic
  • Angels and Demons
  • The Brothers Bloom
  • The Butterfly Effect
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  • Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian
  • Crash
  • Bride Wars
  • A Knight's Tale
  • Aprés Vous
  • Never Back Down

  • Currently anticipating
  • Easy Virtue
  • Sounds Like Teen Spirit
  • Paper Heart
  • The Stoning of Soraya M.
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • Cheri
  • Whatever Works
  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • Fame
  • Is Anybody There?
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Public Enemies
  • Paris 36
  • Every Little Step
  • The Soloist
  • New York, I Love You
  • Sherlock Holmes

  • On my bookshelf
  • The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
  • This Is Your Brain On Music - Daniel Levitin
  • Musicophilia - Oliver Sacks
  • 110 People Who Are Screwing Up America - Bernard Goldberg
  • Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
  • Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - Malcolm Gladwell
  • The Grimmerie: A Behind-the-Scenes look at the musical "Wicked" - Gregory Maguire, Winnie Holzman, Marc Platt

  • Under my fingertips
  • Rhapsody on the Theme of Paganini - Sergei Rachmaninoff
  • Moonlight Sonata - Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Arabesque - Claude Debussy
  • Pardita 3 - Johann S. Bach
  • Sonata Pathetique - Ludwig van Beethoven
  • The Church's One Foundation - arranged by Mark Hayes
  • Ballade in G Minor - Frederick Chopin
  • The Great Gate of Kiev - Modest Mussorgsky

  • In my ears
  • The Beatles
  • Andy Davis
  • Rich Mullins
  • Ben Folds
  • Greg Laswell
  • Ingrid Michaelson
  • Regina Spektor
  • Derek Webb
  • Michael Card
  • Jason Mraz

  • If we shadows have offended, Think but this, and all is mended, That you have but slumber’d here While these visions did appear. And this weak and idle theme, No more yielding but a dream, Gentles, do not reprehend: if you pardon, we will mend: And, as I am an honest Puck, If we have unearned luck Now to ’scape the serpent’s tongue, We will make amends ere long; Else the Puck a liar call; So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends.

  • Say what you mean, mean what you say
    take this sinking boat and point it home
    all I can do is keep breathing
    the city should give me its key
    consider yourself one of us
    1,2,3,4 tell me that you love me more
    when the dawn comes tonight will be a memory, too
    tell me your secrets, ask me your questions
    i've been awake for a while now, you've got me fee...
    oh, strut your stuff
    and the world spins madly on

    What's past is past
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    July 2009
    October 2009

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Meter: